Friday 20 April 2012

Uncle Eric 1928-2012

Today is the funeral of my great uncle Eric. He died almost just over two weeks ago after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

He was born on the 13th June 1928, the second child of four of Alfred and Elsie.

eric

 

He married in a double wedding in 1954 with his brother (my grandfather) to Una (my grandmother’s sister).

N-G wedding3

 

He was the father of two children Neil and Carole.

eric una carole neil

 

He worked as a painter and decorator.

He was the grandfather of four granddaughters and was one of the sweetest men I’ve ever met.

Below are some of my favourite pictures of him.

 

wood family photo40th anniversary

 

eric grandad raywood family

 

una and eric06190011

DSCF0284DSCF0302

 

I’ll miss you.

Shanna xx

No comments: