Monday 8 July 2013

Cheltenham

I went to university at the University of Gloucestershire in Cheltenham. I haven’t been back since I graduated 8 years ago until last Saturday.

I caught an early train or two to Cheltenham Spa. It was like I have never been away.

IMG_5364

I googled the directions to the university but I managed to get there ten minutes earlier than it suggested it would take since I know the short cuts.

This is the refectory where I ate – I was really partial to their cheese and bacon Panini's with curly fries.

IMG_5365

This was the dorm I stayed in my first year – Cooke Villa Room 101

IMG_5368

And this is where I had most of my lectures.

IMG_5369

 

After reminiscing I walked into town, using my remembered short cuts. 

Some random sights.

DSCF2261DSCF2268IMG_5377

 

I walked through the Regents Arcade and found Auntie Anne’s. I love their pretzels and so did my family when they came to visit.

DSCF2277

 

It was 24 degrees – which is boiling in the UK.

IMG_5381

 

Then I went to the Everyman Theatre – I saw Emma and Godspell here while I was at Uni.

DSCF2273

 

And before you say I know I have a problem but I saw Save the Last Dance For Me again (I also have tickets to see it in Blackpool in ten days).

IMG_5380IMG_5384

I sent one of the cast a tweet and they responded.

 

I had a great day. It was nice to go back.

 

Shanna.

No comments: