Sunday 24 April 2011

St Michaels

image

St Michael’s (sometimes St Michael’s and All Angels) is the church in Shute was started in around 1205 when Lucas de la Shute was given the land by King John and built the Church and Manor.  It has had several extensions over the years.

 

It is the place where my Aunt and Uncle were married

image

 

It is the place where my parents were married.

image

It is the place where I was christened, my sister and my brother.

image

 

It was the place where we did school plays as our school was across the street, it was the place where we went to carol services and christingles.  It was the place that was presided over by Reverend Mosley.  It was the place that I walked by every day on the way to Primary School.

 

image

based on Becky Higgins sketch,  Echo Park Life is Good 

Shanna.

No comments: