Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow Day

So yesterday Wales got hit by snow. So I woke up to this.

DSCF8759

DSCF8766

 

Since I only live 2.5 miles from work I had to go in.  So I left early and trekked in, with the snow feeling like a blizzard at points.

IMG_4129

The roads were clearing with traffic but the pavements were incredibly slippy.

While I was at work watching it snowing on and off out the window my niece and nephew had a snow day so spent the day having snowball fights and making snowmen.

DSCF8787

DSCF8793

DSCF8809

DSCF8840

I had to stay at work all day and walk home. Despite earlier predictions we didn’t get any more snow.

 

So this morning when I woke up our garden was still white and since I didn’t get to enjoy a snow day yesterday I decided to make a snowman. Since there wasn’t a lot of snow left it was a small snowman.

DSCF8861

DSCF8849

 

This afternoon I decided to take my niece and nephew to the local park since it was still covered in snow to play.

DSCF8865

DSCF8866

DSCF8879

DSCF8924

 

We even made another snowman.

DSCF8909

 

Now depending on which weather app I look at we are either getting more snow tonight, tomorrow or on Monday. But since they keep changing their mind every hour I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

 

Shanna.

No comments: