Thursday 10 November 2011

10 on the 10th.

Ten reasons why I love Jane Austen and Regency England

1. Pride and Prejudice – My favourite book. I read it at least twice a year and I watch the BBC version of at least once a month (yes all of it).

2. Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy  - (I definitely prefer Colin Firth)  - Once you get past the first impressions he’s perfect.

3. The Wet Shirt Scene – If it wasn’t for Jane Austen we would have Colin Firth jumping into a lake and trying to act all prim and proper half dressed and wet.

4. Walking Out of the Mist – If it wasn’t for Jane Austen we wouldn’t have had  Matthew McFadden walking out of the mist.

 

5. I love the dresses, the elegance (although I’m quite sure about the hats)

 

6. The letter writing. – An art lost in this digital age.

7. Captain Wentworth – After Mr Darcy my favourite male character. (Rupert Penry-Jones is my favourite)

8. The next are a tie between Edmund Bertrum  and Mr Knightley.

 

9. You can’t forget the female characters – I love them. (Especially Elizabeth Bennett and Anne Elliott – I watch Persuasion almost as much)

 

10. Did I mention the Wet Shirt Scene?

 

Shanna.

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

I like it too!! the book~