Saturday 29 November 2008

Why I Love Digital Scrapbooking....

So I have this cute picture of my nephew Aidan and my adopt-a-nephew Kieran (my sister's best friend's son) when my sister went to visit them at the beginning of the month.






I wanted to make a layout of it, so I spent some time editing out the digger and my sister's arm. I liked the idea of bringing out the orange hints in the picture so I choose an orange background paper, and then decided it was too much so I choose a cardboard paper to layer over and turned it blue. I spent ages picking the right frame, I knew I had the perfect word art title, adding a stitched frame and names and date. I added some buttons which brought out various shades of blue in the picture here's what I came up with.





I went away from the computer because I knew something just didn't look right. When I came back I realised that the orange was too distracting it was what instantly drew your attention the blue cardboard washed out the picture and the picture needed more pop as it was meant to be the focal point of the layout.


Now if I had been making this layout the traditional way, with everything stuck down I would have either had to try to unglue it or had to start all over again. But since I scrapbook digitally all it took was a few clicks of the mouse and I have a layout I much happier with.


I used auto level to give the photo more pop, changed the background paper to black and turned the cardboard paper back to it's original colour and instantly the photograph was the focal point of the layout. I am so much happier with it. Now it's all ready to print and put in my album.





Supplies used:

Buttons from A Whole Lot of Buttons (freebie download a long time ago)
Stiches : LBA-Stichsquare from Little Dreamers Designs Vintage Retro Kit
Title: from Scrapgirls His and Hers Kit
Cardboard Paper from Weeds and Wildflowers Jolly Holiday kit (coloured and uncoloured)
Orange paper from Weeds and Wildflowers Happy Garden kit
Frame from Raspberry Road Away In a Manger freebie kit

Shanna xx

No comments: