Friday 17 August 2012

My Take part 1

A while back I took Shimelle Laine’s Perfect Collection class and I blogged about how I used the cutting templates and made little version of sketches to figure out to fit the pieces together here.

 

So I thought I would try using the pieces that the cutting instructions suggest, cut out two versions and played with the pieces and made 12 single and 6 double page sketches.  I thought I’d share what pieces I used, the start point I created and the finished layout.

 

The Sketch

Something nice and easy to start with. Two big blocks of paper and a strip down the middle.

single 1_600

 

The Starting Point

single 1_600

 

The Finished Layout

Everyday Eclectic by Echo Park

Washi Tape by Splendid Fiins

I flipped the layout around and round the corners to soften it slightly.  I used some border strips and a few embellishments to finish up the layout.

 

If you make anything with the sketch please share.

 

Shanna.

1 comment:

ScrappinLita said...

Thank you so much! I've cut up my collection, and there it sits. I plan to lift your layout this weekend. It's beautiful, and yet looks easy; just what I like!