Saturday 29 October 2011

Kits

I have lots of blogs on my Google Reader some that I read everyday, others that I read when I have time and others unfortunately when it gets to over 100 blog posts to read I simply mark all as read. (sorry). Recently I have seen more and more about the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. The idea is to rather than buy any of the monthly kit clubs that are out there to use one as inspiration and shop the supplies that you already own to create your own counterfeit kit.

I like this concept of using what you already have (and it seems most people have a large stash) to create.  The benefit of kits is that you have supplies all in one place and you have narrowed your options down.  I think sometimes it makes things easier when you don’t have to make a choice from ten rather than a hundred pieces of patterned paper.

As a digital scrapbooker the majority of things I buy come as kits, items all gather together for you. In the last year or so I’ve tended to just pick a kit (lately it’s just been from Echo Park before that it was Weeds and Wildflowers) and use only that to make a layout. In past years I was a member of Club Scrap’s Digital monthly kit club and I still get the monthly Scrapgirls kit (not that I use it often since I have been stuck in an Echo Park rut). 

 

However recently I have been thinking more and more about the idea of creating my own Counterfeit kit from the supplies I have.   I mean I still love the solid papers from the Club Scrap kits (before they changed kit format), I generally love the bright colours of the Echo Park paper, the whimsical feel of the Weeds and Wildflowers items (of which I have practically everything).   So rather than when I want to make a layout I have to search through all my thousands and thousands of items I have basically organised on ACDSee into categories I can pick.  I also think I should start using some of the thousand of word art items I have.

 

Maybe I just need some inspiration.

 

Shanna

No comments: