Saturday 20 August 2011

Embellishment Clusters

I don’t know why when I woke up a few hours ago I had the sudden need to figure out how to use embellishment clusters.  Looking at digital layouts in galleries I can’t decide whether I like them or not. I understand they can give balance to a layout and work on all sorts of design principles but I still don’t know whether I like them or not.

 

So anyway I decided to Google it and the first thing that came up was a new class at Big Picture Classes by Sir Scrap-A-Lot  called Digital Clustering Like a Pro. Having just finished the Finding Photo Freedom class with Stacey Julian and having heard Aaron Morris (Sir Scrap-A-Lot) on the Digi Show several times and that it was a self paced class that came with a free digi kit and was only $10 I thought it couldn’t hurt to check it out.

So I quickly paid for the class and instant access any time of the day is great. I downloaded the free kit and the two pdfs. The first one walks you through making a layout with the a digital cluster. Here is my attempt.

 

Life Is A Bowl of Cherries_600

It’s a cute layout.

I read the other pdf which is all about different ways to use clusters.

But even after a few hours and only one layout I have come to the realisation I DO NOT LIKE EMBELLISHMENT CLUSTERS on my layouts.  It looks too busy and distracting.

I have come to the conclusion that even thought I am a digital scrapbooker I like my pages to be simple not overly busy and to look as much like paper layouts as possible. (With the exception of my holiday layouts which I use Yin’s templates for so I can get a lot of pictures on the page. I like more than one picture on the page. I like Allison Davies Sketches, and Becky Higgins sketches and on occasion Page Maps sketches (I own both books but rarely use them).

 

So for $10 and less than two hours I’m not sure the class was worth it  but at lease now I know.

 

Shanna.

No comments: