Monday 17 November 2014

Top Five Musicals–Seen In 2014

I’ve always loved musicals, I always remember going on a school trip in primary school to see Singin’ In The Rain in Bristol, I even remember which lamppost I walked into while talking to my friend.  I remember going to see Dr Dolittle and Whistle Down The Wind in London in Secondary school. I’ve seen a few others over the years but last year my friend Rachel and I went to see several in our local theatre which triggered something and I’ve pretty much seen at least one musical a month since.

 

Here are my favourite musicals I’ve seen in 2014.

 

  • Phantom of the Opera – London

 

DSCF2396

 

My Mum and I took a trip to London in August – we queued for an hour at the TKTS office – I was expecting to see Jersey Boys or Once but when we got to the front and I asked my Mum what she wanted to see said Phantom of the Opera. We got seats five rows from the front. It was an amazing show.

 

  • Wicked – Cardiff

wicked

 

Wicked is one of the musicals I’ve always wanted to see so when we found out last year it was coming to Cardiff Mum bought me a ticket for Christmas. So in April we got to go and see it. It was every bit as good as I expected it to be.

 

  • Calamity Jane – Cheltenham

Calamity Jane

I loved every minute of this musical, I’m so glad that I didn’t wait until April when it comes to our local theatre I’ll be definitely seeing it again.

  • The Lion King – Cardifflion king

I knew I was going to see it soon, but decided last minute to get one of the single seats that were left and go on the Sunday after my birthday. It was one of the most spectacular things I’ve ever seen a real master class in how a musical should be.

 

  • Shrek The Musical – Bristol

IMG_9938

I took my sister to Bristol to see this, it was cute and hilarious.

 

Also deserving honourable mention are Dreamboats and Petticoats and Dreamboats and Miniskirts which as of the end of the week I will have both seen four times.  The cast are the sweetest people.

 

Shanna xx

No comments: